SDG Resources and Buddy System Coordinator (#3524587)
Position: SDG Resources and Buddy System Coordinator (SRBS)
Canada Summer Jobs ID: 3524587
Duration: 8 weeks
Hours per week: 35 hrs/week
Pay: $15.50/hr CAD
Start Date: June 7, 2021
End Date: July 30, 2021
Application Deadline: May 28, 2021
The SDG Resources and Buddy System Coordinator will collaborate with Reimagine17's stakeholders to support capacity-building work for SDG action on post-secondary campuses across Canada. The intern will also be responsible for coordinating ReImagine17’s Alliance Buddy System Programme and for supporting partnerships between existing & emerging SDG Alliances (SDGAs) across institutions of higher education.
The intern will have an opportunity to allocate up to 2 hours per week for work in one of four secondary pods:
• Reimagination (Research and Innovation)
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a combination of initiative, strong analytical skills, and a passion for rethinking solutions to pressing issues in their communities. Based on demonstrated interest, performance, and time availability, the intern may also be provided an opportunity to initiate personal projects relevant to RE17's work during the final month of their internship.
• Researches current student-led SDG projects at Canadian institutions.
• Develops partnerships with post-secondary institutions and prospective student leaders for the SDGs.
• Identifies potential stakeholders and assists in the promotion + marketing of the RE17 Buddy System programme.
• Assists in building the program outline for the RE17 Buddy System.
• Transfers knowledge shared on the RE17 Toolkit; creates resources to help prospective student leaders leverage the toolkit in developing their own Alliances.
• Works closely with the RE17 Buddy System Pod in the project planning, implementation, and reporting process.
Provides additional administrative support as needed.
• Ongoing communication with 3+ different institutions interested in developing an SDG Alliance, with the creation of timelines for project implementation starting in September.
• Creation of new resources to help students utilize the RE17 Toolkit (in collaboration with other interns).
• Establishment of new connections with groups and/or individuals at post-secondary institutions across Canada.
Key skills developed:
• Teamwork; by working closely with the RE17 team and our partner institutions
• Communication; by engaging with potential partners in post-secondary institutions and assisting them
in creating or scaling their own SDG Alliances.
• Digital Skills; by working as part of a remote team with members across Canada, and by regularly corresponding with stakeholders in various provinces.
• Program Development; by assisting in the development of our buddy system program
• Community Outreach and Stakeholder Engagement; by forging partnerships with
student communities in Campuses across Canada
As an employee of ReImagine17, 80% of an intern’s time will be around their main position and
another 20% will be dedicated to their professional and personal interests. At the beginning of
their contract period, interns will be surveyed as to their hopes and expectations regarding this
position as well as their future career. ReImagine17 is dedicated to assisting interns achieve these
aspirations through skill specific training as well as through our flexible working pods structure.
During their time with RE17, interns will develop strong interpersonal communication skills, a
“moonshot thinking” approach, and a strong sense of self-determination. We pledge to equip and
support interns to succeed in the position, but also to provide them with sufficient freedom
to nurture their self-determination.
ReImagine17 Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ReImagine17 is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our
values, and we are committed to recruiting, hiring, and supporting team members and
employees in an environment devoid of discrimination or harassment. We the promote
diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire team at ReImagine17.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, nationality, ancestry,
physical or mental disability, medical conditions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.
At this time we do not have the capacity to hire a unilingual French speaker; we can only hire candidates with a sufficient level of English. French will be considered an asset in the selection of candidates. We are currently in the process of improving our French capacity. If language is a barrier to your application, please email us in your language of preference to and we will accommodate your application.
Pour l’instant nous n’avons pas la capacité d’engager une personne unilingue francophone, nous pouvons uniquement engager des personnes ayant un niveau d’anglais suffisant. Le francais sera considéré comme un grand atout lors de la sélection des candidat.e.s. Nous sommes en train d’améliorer notre capacité linguistique en français. Si la langue est un obstacle à votre candidature, veuillez nous envoyer un courriel dans votre langue de préférence à et nous vous accomoderons dans votre application dans la juste mesure.