Position: Project Manager
Canada Summer Jobs ID: 3524623
Duration: 8 weeks
Hours per week: 35 hrs/week
Pay: $15.50/hr CAD
Start Date: June 7, 2021
End Date: July 30, 2021
Application Deadline: May 28, 2021
The Project Manager will contribute to RE17's ability to advance systems change and action on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). As the Project Manager, you will provide support, mentorship, and capacity-building for the ReImagine17 team and play an integral role in developing our major projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for all elements of the PM process from initiation to evaluation, overseeing and delegating tasks, sustaining ongoing partnership projects, and tracking the progress of initiatives.
The intern will also have an opportunity to allocate up to 2 hours per week for work in one of four secondary pods:
• Reimagination (Research and Innovation)
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a combination of initiative, strong analytical skills, and a passion for rethinking solutions to pressing issues in their communities. Prior knowledge of the SDG framework is a strong asset. Based on demonstrated interest, performance, and time availability, the intern may also be provided an opportunity to initiate personal projects in strategic partnerships and planning during the final month of their internship.
• Provides support with administrative tasks such as recording meeting minutes, organizing file directories, and developing team workflows.
• Reviews RE17 organizational strategy and assists in refining our theory of change.
• Researches opportunities for funding and engagement.
• Supports team members with their respective projects and leads the monitoring & evaluation process.
• Takes the lead in matters of team member support, monitoring, and evaluation.
• Leads the formation of new partnership projects with external stakeholders by researching topics that institutions requesting
on SDG programming and implementation.
• Keeps internal records of project timelines /deliverables in PM software and prepares impact reports for each project completed throughout the internship.
• Provides support to ongoing RE17 activities, campaigns, and projects undertaken by the different sub-teams (or “pods”) of the organization.
• By engaging with and contributing to other RE17 pods, streamlines the process of programming and implementation; leads process improvement throughout the entire project management cycle from execution to monitoring and evaluation.
• Project success will be measured in metrics relevant to the project under consideration. Such indicators may include the number of individuals engaged, the quantity of white paper materials published, the number of groups supported, and/or the number of partnerships initiated.
Key skills gained:
• The intern will develop skills in Teamwork by working with the RE17 team to generate
content, brainstorm new ideas, provide feedback, and set deadlines
• The intern will develop both verbal and written Communication skills by networking and building relationships with stakeholders, including but not limited to actors in Government,
Business, and Academia
• The intern will have significant opportunity for Networking by expanding
their professional network to induce RE17 stakeholders
• The intern will gain experience in Outreach and Stakeholder Management by acting as
a key point of contact with partner groups of ReImagine17 and conducting work that entails reaching out to external parties and communicating with them on a regular basis
As an employee of ReImagine17, 80% of an intern’s time will be around their main position and
another 20% will be dedicated to their professional and personal interests. At the beginning of
their contract period, interns will be surveyed as to their hopes and expectations regarding this
position as well as their future career. ReImagine17 is dedicated to assisting interns achieve these
aspirations through skill specific training as well as through our flexible working pods structure.
During their time with RE17, interns will develop strong interpersonal communication skills, a
“moonshot thinking” approach, and a strong sense of self-determination. We pledge to equip and
support interns to succeed in the position, but also to provide them with sufficient freedom
to nurture their self-determination.
ReImagine17 Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ReImagine17 is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our
values, and we are committed to recruiting, hiring, and supporting team members and
employees in an environment devoid of discrimination or harassment. We promote the diversity of thought, culture and opinion, which connects the entire team at ReImagine17. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, marital status, age, nationality, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical conditions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or
any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.
At this time we do not have the capacity to hire a unilingual French speaker; we can only hire candidates with a sufficient level of English. French will be considered an asset in the selection of candidates. We are currently in the process of improving our French capacity. If language is a barrier to your application, please email us in your language of preference to and we will accommodate your application.
Pour l’instant nous n’avons pas la capacité d’engager une personne unilingue francophone, nous pouvons uniquement engager des personnes ayant un niveau d’anglais suffisant. Le francais sera considéré comme un grand atout lors de la sélection des candidat.e.s. Nous sommes en train d’améliorer notre capacité linguistique en français. Si la langue est un obstacle à votre candidature, veuillez nous envoyer un courriel dans votre langue de préférence à et nous vous accomoderons dans votre application dans la juste mesure.